You can take steps to make sure your lithium battery is safe.
- You should only use a charger that came with the device or was made specifically for it: using another type of charger may damage the battery and cause an accident.
- Do not leave your phone, electric razor, or other devices plugged in when they are fully charged or when you are not using them: overcharging batteries is a common way to cause an accident.
- Do not expose your battery to extreme heat, cold, or direct sunlight for extended periods as this can affect its safety and performance.
- Store batteries in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- If your battery starts to swell, smoke or emit an unusual odor, discontinue use and contact the manufacturer immediately.